The World Marine Mammal Conference is almost here!
With just days to go before you arrive in Barcelona for the WMMC’19, here’s what you need to know:
Pre-conference workshops start on December 7-8, 2019. The main conference will be held on December 9-12, 2019. All conference sessions will be held at the Centre de Convencions Internacional de Barcelona in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain.
GET ORGANIZED WITH THE APP & THE ONLINE PROGRAM
There are three ways to view the detailed scientific program for WMMC’19:
- Download the WMMC’19 App today and customise your agenda and begin connecting with other attendees. Click HERE to download the conference app on your Apple or Android device! To access the app, please use the password “WMMC19“.
- Every user will be required to enter the password on their first entrance only.
- View the detailed scientific program online by clicking HERE!
- Download a PDF version of the WMMC’19 Program HERE!
Please note: For the most up-to-date information regarding sessions and the schedule at WMMC’19, please check the mobile app or online program.
Registration is located in the Entrance Hall of the Centre de Convencions International de Barcelona (the CCIB) during the below hours:
- Friday, 6 December | 18:00 – 20:00
- Saturday, 7 December | 07:00 – 17:00
- Sunday, 8 December | 07:00 – 20:00
- Monday, 9 December | 07:00 – 16:30
- Tuesday, 10 December | 07:00-16:30
- Wednesday, 11 December | 07:00 – 16:30
- Thursday, 12 December | 07:00 – 15:30
WHAT TO WEAR
Please check-in at registration before attending any WMMC’19 event(s). WMMC’19 badges and lanyards are required for the duration of the event to ensure admittance to all WMMC’19 activities. Badge policies will be strictly enforced.
NEED TO HAVE A MEETING?
There will be 3 rooms you can have an Impromptu Meeting in during the convention. These rooms are on a first come first serve bases, there will be sign up sheets attached to the doors. Rooms are available for use Monday-Thursday, 07:00 – 18:00 and located at the CCIB on the M2 Floor – Rooms M213, M214 & M215.
There will be unattended coat racks on the P1 Floor of the CCIB. Please keep in mind these are unattended and anything left will be at the individual owners own risk. WMMC’19 and the CCIB will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items from this area.
A child/nursing room is available for use Monday-Thursday, 07:00 – 18:00 and is located at the CCIB on the M2 Floor – Room M216.
The World Marine Mammal Conference encourages all participants to consider their carbon footprint while traveling to Barcelona, and applauds any actions taken to offset that impact. Our Societies do not endorse any particular plan, and support participants investigating actions that are best for them. The Centro de Convenciones Internacional de Barcelona (CCIB) was chosen as our conference venue because of its environmental certificate of sustainability. To reduce Conference carbon emissions, we will not be printing the entire program, but will instead offer a small pocket guide, and your welcome package will contain a coffee mug that can be used throughout the conference.