Video Night is an event proposed by individual researchers to be held during the World Marine Mammal Conference on the evening of Monday 9th of December 2019, open to all conference registrants!
A group of reviewers approved by the WMMC Conference and Scientific Program Committee chairs will evaluate all the proposals according to the criteria established for this event (see below).
All video abstracts should be submitted together with a draft or final version of the video to present. In case of acceptance, presenters must prepare a brief oral introduction (~1 min) before video display.
Criteria for Submissions
Submitted videos should comply with the following criteria:
- Have a relevant subject with appeal to society members (scientific or conservation-related);
- All material, filming and research shown should comply with ECS and SMM ethical standards and legislation in the country of origin regarding research and display of research;
- Video length should not exceed 10 minutes;
- Videos should be of sufficient quality for the subject matter to be seen easily;
- Any narration should be in English or sub-titled in English;
- Each submission should clearly state: name of institute/person submitting, subject, video length, year taken, country of origin;
- Each submission will require a url (e.g. YouTube link) to view your video online. If accepted, you will be also be required to submit your video using one of the following formats: MPEG4, MOV and AVI.
Deadlines for Submissions
Please carefully review the timeline for video night submissions before submitting your video:
- August 7, 2019 – Submission opens for video night
- October 2, 2019 – Submission deadline for video night
- October 16, 2019 – Notifications sent to accepted videos
How do I submit my video for this event?
Submission process for Video Night will open August 7.
To submit a video for Video Night, please follow the steps below:
1) Click here and select your option for signing in through ECS/SMM.
2) Once you have signed in under ECS/SMM, navigate to the WMMC’19 site.
3) Select “Video Night Submissions” from the profile home page.
4) Fill out all required fields and submit your submission when you are complete to be considered.*
* You will be able to login and update your submission at any time up until the submission deadline on October 2.
Please be sure to use the same account (i.e. SMM, ECS or non-member) to login as you did for registration or abstract submission.
If you have already logged into the conference system as a Non-Member you can still sign-up for membership with either society to receive a reduce ‘Members’ registration fee. Use the same email address to sign up or renew your membership as you did to create your Non-Member profile and the system will automatically update your account information for you once you sign back into the conference system.