Conference registration is significantly more affordable for members of either SMM or ECS. All are welcome to become members of either society.
Early-bird registration – March 13, 2019–September 4, 2019 (No longer available!)
- Member $400.00 USD
- Non-member $550.00 USD
- Student member $150.00 USD
- Student non-member $220.00 USD
- Low income country member $225.00 USD
- Low income country non-member $325.00 USD
Regular registration – September 5, 2019–December 5, 2019
- Member $500.00 USD
- Non-member $650.00 USD
- Student member $200.00 USD
- Student non-member $270.00 USD
- Low income country member $275.00 USD
- Low income country non-member $375.00 USD
Late & Onsite registration – December 6, 2019
- Member $600.00 USD
- Non-member $750.00 USD
- Student member $250.00 USD
- Student non-member $320.00 USD
- Low income country member $325.00 USD
- Low income country non-member $425.00 USD
Daily (same price for all deadlines)
- Member $100.00 USD
- Non-member $140.00 USD
- Student member $40.00 USD
- Student non-member $60.00 USD
- Low income country member $60.00 USD
- Low income country non-member $80.00 USD
Frequently Asked Questions
When does registration open?
Registration for the World Marine Mammal Conference opens March 13, 2019. Abstract and workshop proposal submission also opens on March 13, 2019.
How much does it cost?
Registration fees vary depending on a several variables including when you register (i.e. early bird, regular or onsite registration) and whether or not you are a member of the SMM/ECS. Conference registration is significantly more affordable for members of either society. All are welcome to become members of either society to enjoy the discounted rate.
Please note that member rates are the same for SMM and ECS members.
Does the reduced conference member rate apply to associate and full members?
Yes, a reduced conference member rate applies to all levels of members (e.g. associate members, full members, etc.).
When is the early bird deadline for registration?
Sign up before 12PM (noon – GMT+2) September 4, 2019 to receive a $100 USD early bird discount on your conference registration.
What about cancellations and refunds? Is there a cancellation policy?
There will be a $100 USD handling fee for registration cancellations prior to September 4, 2019. After September 4, 2019, there will be no refunds for registration. Registration is non-transferable.
All other items paid for (e.g. event tickets) are subject to refunds; however, please note that due to changes made to the PayPal User Agreement and Refund Policy, we will not charge a fee to process refunds, but an administrative fee of $10 USD from the original transaction will not be returned. This policy change will take effect beginning on October 11, 2019.
I’ve recently graduated. Can I still register as a ‘student’?
If you are no longer a student, but are planning on presenting work at the conference that you conducted as a student, and you graduated less than one year ago, then you can still register as a student! You will also be considered for student awards.
Note: A letter from your professor/institute verifying that you completed the work you will be presenting as a student will be required.
I’m under the age of 18. Can I still register and attend the conference?
The WMMC Board has established the following policy regarding the active participation of underage people (under 18 years old) at the Conference. This policy has been put into place to assure that all presentations will be led by adults, which was the assumption of the abstract review process.
At the WMMC’19:
- All presentations (Oral talks, Speed talks, Poster, etc.) during the WMMC’19 are to be led by an adult. A minor (underage person) can assist with the presentation.
- Underage assistants must always be with an accompanying adult when they are at the Conference.
- All accompanying adults of minors have to pay full registration for the WMMC’19.
- In special cases, minors can have a reduced fee (to be established on a case by case basis).
- Minors are not eligible for international travel grants.
Note: An official copy of this policy can be viewed HERE.
I have a abstract question. Who do I talk to?
For more general abstract questions, contact our abstract submission team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have a workshop question. Who do I talk to?
More general workshop questions should be directed to our workshop leads for the conference at email@example.com